11.26.2013

make your own gratitude branch



Hello friends!  Thanksgiving is just two days away.  Are you ready?  We are staying home for the holiday.  It'll just be our little family around the dinner table this year.  I am cooking our Thanksgiving meal and the Mr. has eagerly agreed to help.  It's going to be delicious.  A piece of my heart is missing my family this holiday season but being far away and on our own gives us a chance to establish our own traditions.  This year, we had a little Family Home Evening that focused on gratitude.  We each took a turn sharing something we are especially grateful for and why.  Then we wrote that one special thing on a cutout of a feather (you can google free feather printables).  One of my kids obviously likes to do fun things outdoors ;)   We strung our feathers up with bakers twine and placed them on a branch I found in our backyard.  The branch sits on the wall over our table, reminding us of all that is good and dear to us.   Afterward, we watched this video.  (This video is good too.)




It's easy to make your own gratitude branch.  You can find other cute ideas here and here.

So what am I grateful for?  Motherhood.  My children mean everything to me and I love them dearly.  I miss them the minute they walk out the door in the morning to go to school and my heart is happy the second they walk in the door after long days in the classroom.  They teach me to be patient, kind and to laugh even when I'm mad.  Being a mom is my chosen career.  I wouldn't have it any other way.

What are you grateful for?



No comments:

Post a Comment

These lovely people had something to say: